Worked in an organization responsible for the messaging tool for customer agents. This tool connects the customer with the agent. The tool provides a branded experience with the use of channels, allowing the customer to communication with chat, email, service requests, and a voice experience.
The team rebuilt the application using React on the front-end and Java/Kotlin on the back-end. I worked primarily on the front-end but communicated through technical and product teams.
- Branded the Agent Messaging Tool: the project took the existing styling and converted it to our branded UITK framework.
- Agent Messaging Tool: Worked on various features, one of the larger features being a tool to protect PCI information while the agent enters protected customer information. This was a complex interaction between multiple back-end system
- Virtual Agent API Server: Worked on a Kotlin API server. Created an asynchronous endpoint to change the state of the conversation, from reserved to released. As it was a new server setup/implemented basic server functionality, such as retries, circuit breaker, haystack id, and others.
- Rich Card Server: Created a server for a new "technology" called rich-cards, this server/repository with build process. This repository is used by multiple projects and requires the building of certain resources, the packages and branded CSS files
- Outbound voice: this project enabled agents to place a softphone call from the agent messaging tool.
A key contributor on developing a product in a small aggressive company to be acquired by a large industry leader. We provided quality background screening and onboarding solutions. Worked in major areas of the company and developed multiple large features individually and as a leader in the team.
I worked on two major aspects of the company's product. The first is a highly configurable form based data collection framework. The second being the position and processing of the various searches and the surrounding compliance.
- Fair Chance: Implemented the current states requirements for a process similar to Individualized Assessment including filling out state provided forms.
- Individualized Assessment: Implemented the ability for the customer to request and process a candidate's response to an adverse action being preformed on a candidate.
- eDispute: Implemented the ability for the candidate to review and dispute the reports or searches preformed on them.
- Form Review: Implemented the customer's ability to review the customized forms, including sending the form back to the candidate for modification.
- E-signature: Developed the signing experience to provide confirmation that the user is certifying their actions. Including the generation of a PDF from HTML.
- Candidate Model Export: Provided a feature to enable customer to export the data about their candidates.
- Professional Services Billing System: Enable another team to easily bill a customer based on their individual contracts.
Worked on team to design the next generation e-Discovery processing line using open source technologies.
- Researched and evaluated various technologies: Parallel Processing Framework and grid (Globus/Condor/JPPF), workflow technologies (jPBM), JBoss, RESTful, Hibernate, Boost, Oracle’s OutsideIn, Google’s Guice, Talend and others.
- Implemented Straw man of new system written in Java using a RESTful API.
- Implemented an Object-Oriented Application (C++) to utilize Oracle’s OutsideIn Technology to parse and load Microsoft Outlook pst file.
Worked on a product lifecycle management product to provide new features, maintenance and customer support for medium-sized businesses. Managed Pro/C coding, data, large configuration loading, APIs, licensing, installations and research third-party product technical issues.
- Led technical effort to internationalize products into local languages that allowed sales in foreign markets.
- Designed and implemented revision editing tool that enabled administrators to define multiple revision sequences and apply them to classes, which increased value of the company’s product line.
- Built feature that pushed files into replication servers to increase performance over the WAN.
- Transited to server-based report generation using libxml2 and libxslt technology to improve performance.
- Improved querying ability and performance by implementing a list like clause.
- Redesigned aspects of the product to enable developers to use QT technology that minimized maintenance costs and enabled code reuse.
- Cross over to new code layers to resolve problems; demonstrated extra effort in fixing root causes, keeping code simple, removing unused code and using build tools that increase productivity.
- Took initiative to rewrite header file architecture, which saved up to two hours of compile time.
Worked on main payment application in UNIX using C++ and Informix for provider of marketing and order management services for online retailers and catalogs. Developed prototype value-added payment program in J2EE and loyalty-based system of electronic coupons. Cleaned code and automated processes.
- Simplified code maintenance of the entire system by moving legacy code into standardized build environment.
- Automated testing Dining À la Card system with new systems using Perl script that improved accuracy and reduced time needed to test systems and removed element of human error.
Worked for a consulting company for the IBM/Lotus Notes with 10 employees to port Lotus Notes and toolkits to IBM AS/400 system and to correct bugs. Developed and convinced engineers to buy into solutions to problems.
- Built portable code using a cross-compiler and corrected bugs using native AS/400 debugger.
Developed, repaired and enhanced programs and processes for electronics manufacturer using in-house client/server application system to manage flow of process lines. Developed and debugged client/server applications in C, Informix Embedded SQL and KornShell and created new modules for integration with X Windows program and ESQL.
- Redesigned process of changing bill-of-materials workstation structures that avoided deadlocks.
- Fixed key user interface, enabling users to step through process of building workstations and PCs.
- Determined report needs of users that included finding lost workstations and bottlenecks and implemented intranet-accessible reports using C, KornShell, HTML and Sapphire CGI generator.
Worked in the leading communications company that implemented voicemail systems for large telecommunications companies to lead feature development and bug fixing projects. Including a traffic statistic feature for voicemail application and fixed bugs for various international projects written in C/C++ and fixed bugs in billing systems.
Developed aspects of a data-driven GUI that empowered employees to manage their own human resource records.